US Indication and ISI
gammaCore™ (non-invasive vagus nerve stimulator) is indicated for the acute treatment of pain associated with episodic cluster headache and migraine headache in adult patients
- The safety and effectiveness of gammaCore™ (nVNS) have not been established in the acute treatment of chronic cluster headache
- gammaCore™ has not been shown to be effective for the prophylactic treatment of migraine headache, chronic cluster headache, or episodic cluster
- The long-term effects of the chronic use of gammaCore™ have not been evaluated
- Safety and efficacy of gammaCore™ have not been evaluated in the following patients, and therefore it is NOT indicated for:
- Patients with an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
- Patients should not use gammaCore™ if they:
- Have a metallic device such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw implanted at or near their neck
- Are using another device at the same time (e.g., TENS Unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (e.g., mobile phone)
Note: This list is not all inclusive. Please refer to the gammaCore™ Instructions for Use for all of the important warnings and precautions before using or prescribing this product.
gammaCore is available by prescription only. Only a healthcare provider can determine if gammaCore is right for you. Each device provides 31 days of therapy.
Copyright ©2018 electroCore, Inc. All rights reserved. electroCore, gammaCore, and the gammaCore logo are trademarks of electroCore, Inc.